B.R.R.A.T.
Please Log-In using your username and password.
If you haven't already, please register.

If you need help getting started, email BlueRidgeRAT@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

B.R.R.A.T.
Please Log-In using your username and password.
If you haven't already, please register.

If you need help getting started, email BlueRidgeRAT@gmail.com
B.R.R.A.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle - Look Out Mogli

3 posters

Go down

Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle  - Look Out Mogli Empty Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle - Look Out Mogli

Post  wookie6 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:54 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOt8e3gaY7I
Take a look at the above. That AIN'T NO stinkin' pre-production model. That IS the 2013 SSA model Tiger 1050 Sport. Not sure what those problems with the old Tiger 1050 were, other than the lights were puny when the sun when down, but this is one nice bike. A friend saw one yesterday and said it was beautiful.
wookie6
wookie6

Back to top Go down

Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle  - Look Out Mogli Empty Re: Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle - Look Out Mogli

Post  wyatt Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:26 pm

I was told the US was not getting them.
wyatt
wyatt

Back to top Go down

Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle  - Look Out Mogli Empty Re: Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle - Look Out Mogli

Post  wookie6 Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:11 am

wyatt wrote:I was told the US was not getting them.
My buddy saw one at a dealer in Columbus, OH. Don't know if it was for sale, a demo or what. Triumph will demo bikes for marketing purposes. I had one of the few, maybe the only, silver 2002 Sprint ST. They took it to all the shows just to see if people liked silver. Silver was a standard color after 2003. The SSA makes tire changing easier but other than that it isn't a big deal. It is supposed to have some more ponies at the rear wheel too.
wookie6
wookie6

Back to top Go down

Post  YourNameHere Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

I'd be a player on this bike if they were available. I don't think I have anymore of an inside track on Triumph info than any other end user. From the horse's mouth, we'll not see that bike state side.
YourNameHere
YourNameHere
Admin

http://www.myersmotorcycles.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Da Tiger 1050 is Prowlin' in da Jungle  - Look Out Mogli Empty Opinion, purely mine.

Post  wookie6 Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm a street rider. My first couple of bikes were a CL160 and CL450. Scramblers with absolutely no dirt capabilities. When I got my Tiger I had no silly notions that I was getting anything but a street bike. It was a style thing; definitely NOT a functional thing. I got my current 1200GS for running twisties, asphalt twisties. A GS is downright UGLY but it is functional when it comes to twisties. The 2013 Tiger is a street bike. So is the Explorer and to a lesser extent the 800 Tigers, you can take them down some trails. IMO, their won't be a whole lot of on the road differences between the new and old models. IMO that 1050 triple and the entire package make for a better street bike than the Explorer or the 800's. That's the old or new Tiger 1050. Just sayin'.
wookie6
wookie6

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Looks really nice. I wonder if they addressed the poor headlights and the wind turbulence.
wyatt
wyatt

Back to top Go down

Post  wookie6 Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:34 am

wyatt wrote:Looks really nice. I wonder if they addressed the poor headlights and the wind turbulence.
I totally agree with the light thing. You could easily fix the low beam by installing an HID light but the high beam was a totally different issue. I tried to get a good pic of the headlight area and am sure the lights are different. It doesn't look like they are projectors but some kind of normal reflector set up. Now wind turbulence is IMO a totally separate issue. It looks like the same screen as the old one. Even with barn door wind screens like I had on my FJR you still had turbulence. I had three screens for my Tiger until I sailed though one of them. I had a tall Vario with an adjustable deflector on top and a short double bubble. I preferred the short screen for most of the year. It took the wind off the chest and left your helmet in clear air. When the weather started to get unpredictable or on long trips I used the Vario but NOTHING was turbulence free. That goes for any bike I've owned.
wookie6
wookie6

Back to top Go down

Post  wyatt Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:41 am

I had a double bubble short, which helped and I always wore earplugs. My Street, with it's tiny fly screen doesn't giv a lot of protection, but at least I have clear undisturbed air.
wyatt
wyatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down