B.R.R.A.T.
Please Log-In using your username and password.
If you haven't already, please register.

If you need help getting started, email BlueRidgeRAT@gmail.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

B.R.R.A.T.
Please Log-In using your username and password.
If you haven't already, please register.

If you need help getting started, email BlueRidgeRAT@gmail.com
B.R.R.A.T.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion

3 posters

Go down

Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion  Empty Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion

Post  YourNameHere Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Found this in the July 2012 Vol.13 Issue 2 U.S. Rider News "The Carolinas"
An article about the Tiger Explorer opens with, "Is this the motorcycle equivalent to the Hummer H2?".
This rubbed me the wrong way to say the least. The writer goes on to say "Manufacturers have learned that a certain segment of the motorcycle buying public are more concerned with what their motorcycle says about them, than what their motorcycle can do.". He describes his 1000 mile trip on the Explorer and then says (and I had to take a picture so know one would think I had misunderstood...
Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion  2012-018
YourNameHere
YourNameHere
Admin

http://www.myersmotorcycles.com/Default.asp

Back to top Go down

Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion  Empty Re: Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion

Post  Cheshire Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

"...then they'll make a smaller one...."
Color me confused, but I thought the order of lineage was 1050, 800, THEN 1200.

Yeah...unlike the Hummer H2, the explorer does what it looks like it can. As an ADV inmate, adventure doesn't necessarily equate offroad. Loading up for a "quick" (hah!) coast-to-coast-to-coast with a passenger is just as much an adventure as traversing the trans-america trail solo. The explorer strikes me as the year-round endurance ride...and being suited for year-round comfort meets most of the definitions of "adventure" out there. Wink Just my $.02

Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion  Empty Re: Tiger Explorer review and 800 oblivion

Post  wyatt Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:23 pm

I agree the Explorer will be a great coast to coast bike. A long distance tourer. However she is a big heavy bike and I would not have the expertice to take her off road. Most BMW riders don't go off road either. Of course this is coming from a guy who just went from a Tiger to a Street Triple. What do I know.
wyatt
wyatt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down